Tangelo Games has written some of the key chapters of the social mobile gaming industry and is more than ready to write some more. Our Tel Aviv and Barcelona offices infuse us with a healthy dose of Mediterranean inventiveness and creativity, which translates into our fun, enjoyable and innovative portfolio of games played by millions of people every month.
But life at Tangelo is more than games. Since our inception we have grown to be a solid company but with the agility, soul, and passion of a start-up while boosting a strong corporate culture based on community, commitment, challenge, and pragmatism. And never forgetting to play as an A-team.
Tangelo’s Head of Technology will be responsible for both defining and establishing the technical vision of the Group, leading all aspects of its technology development, and playing an integral role in our strategic direction, development and future growth. He/She will have global responsibility, embracing the two subsidiaries of the Group.
This is a key appointment and requires well-honed technical and business skills, coupled with a track record of leadership and management, gained within an established e-gaming company.
- Full accountability for all our games technology, architecture and tech processes across multiple sites and products
- Design; execute and follow up of the company’s tech strategic plan and roadmap
- Identify technology trends that may support or impede the success of the business, as well as opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identifying competitive services and opportunities for innovation
- Provide full support to teams in the event of technical challenges
- Work cross-department to ensure alignment with our technology portfolio
- Manage and coach our engineers to higher levels of excellence
- Maintain a broad view of emerging technologies and developments
- Supervise recruitment, training, engagement and organisation of all development and IT staff in accordance with the company’s hiring process, personnel policies and Budget requirements
Desired Skills And Experience Include
- A minimum 3 years proven experience in e-gaming leadership positions
- Proven experience with games with high-traffic, scalability challenges and live services
- A minimum 3 years experience with cloud based infrastructure like AWS, GCP, etc.
- Solid understanding of all aspects related to system engineering (networking, Linux operating systems, databases, security, etc.)
- Experience working with Unity or other commercially available game engines
- Strong knowledge of programming Best Practices and mastery of at least one programming language (Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Strong Project management skills
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
- Team player and leadership skills
- Good data analysis skills
- Results oriented approach with a clear ability to think strategically
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work friendly
- Multicultural, friendly and talented team. Play with the best!
- Training Program Budget. Keep learning!
- Employee Referral Program Bonus
- Optional Ticket Restaurant or Health Insurance Plan
- Flexible compensation plan
- Paid leave on your birthday. Celebrate wherever you want!
- Team-building events
- Fully equipped HQ with beer tap, ping pong, boxing set and much more!
- E-Scooter & Bike parking and shower facilities in the building